Saturday, April 2, 2011

What Blue Means to Me (April 2)

Blue has always been one of my favorite colors. All the different shades that are possible make up most of the beauty in the world. The sky, water and all of the exotic shades just add a nice touch to everything. I sort of lucked out in buying a blue car, I guess.

What I did not know until a few years ago was that is was the autism color. This is the color that made me proud of who I am and what I have become. Today is April 2, 2011. It is an easy date to remember because my Mom's birthday was yesterday, along with April Fools Day. Each coming year the day becomes more important to me, more of my identity.

A while ago I stopped running from who I was and began embracing it. Why would I want to run anyways? If I did I would only be running away from those who need me. A lot of people like me cannot speak for themselves. Its not easy to do, I do not mind that fact. It is also something that I have to do. The only regrets in life I have are things I have not done, yet. I do not want "failed all my peers" to be on that list.

I'd say its time to finish my book, wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment