Sunday, April 17, 2011

How I win Friends and Influence People

I could be described as not really the most social animal. I tend to shy away from that and any confrontation. That is my nature which is, mostly likely, different from yours. I instead look for opportunities to input myself or my knowledge towards a particular situation. You may see this as me being a 'Johnny Jump-in', meaning I sort of force myself into a conversation, but only if I am knowledgeable about said topic. I don't do so to try and make a fool of myself, as that happens naturally on a daily occurrence, so I make sure I know whats going on before jumping in. This can be construed as rude amongst certain company but many chose to let it slide out of necessity of information that I posses and their own inability to obtain it. I don't mind putting myself out there when people can benefit from it. Its not that complicated when you think about it.


I mostly just let word of mouth or my own actions dictate why people seek me. Common interests are a good way of meeting people. You get talking with them and by the end it just all seems natural, even for me once the ice is broken. Certain skills you possess can be good, too; just as long as you don't let people use you for them. I can't be too open you see, as AS is not something you go around telling everyone you have. The best they can do anyways is pretend to understand.

I left one part out. Meeting people is natural for me, as long as they are not female. If they happen to be female, well, thats a whole different set of rules that even I do not understand. Everything just gets lost in translation. That is when I truly struggle, but more on that at a later date.


Questions? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment