Monday, January 30, 2012

And Then There Is Me

I like to see what my close friends are up to from time to time. Some of my teammates from college are getting married and having kids already. Others are in relationships and getting out of college mode into adulthood where a whole new set of stresses await them. We make time to see one another here and there or call each other when birthdays come around. It seems like everything in their lives is happening at once. I was thinking things had changed a little from my parent's time and people waited longer to get married nowadays. I guess when you love someone you just know it.

My friend/roommate from senior year Heather is getting married and I'm going to be a little more than just in the wedding. I'm making Tyler's, her fiancé and also a good friend, wedding band while I'm down at jewelry school. My official title for the wedding, as posted online, is "Bridesman"; which I couldn't help but find amusing. Changes seem to be happening all around me.

And then there is me. I went to a number of college parties with my teammates but nothing ever came of it for me. No one ever tried to introduce me to anyone; they just let me do my own thing. Everyone pretty much only cared for their own stats anyways. I must add that only a couple knew of my AS (I found out after school was over) and they didn't tell a soul. I've noticed women that I thought could have been interested, but was too shy to make any sort of move. You don't know what it's like to have a fight or flight reaction when thinking of addressing a female. I haven't come over that fear yet. The truth of the matter is I'm 26, I've been single since, forever, never dated and never went to prom.

It takes a toll on you, it really does. I'd like to have someone to turn to, other than people I already know. Someone who I can be both intimate towards and do things for. I think it's about time I had a girlfriend. I'm on a couple of sites but with no such luck. I'm leaving for Nashville in just over thirty days for three months of training so that puts a damper on things. Once I get back I'll be able to tell people, quite proudly, that I'm a professional goldsmith. How many of those do YOU know?

Questions or Comments? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment