Friday, November 25, 2011

Parade of the Senses:Taste

(I might go a couple different directions all at once here, try to keep up ;)
As far as taste goes there are certain aspects of it that are linked to smell and all the other senses. It is possible to taste the air, say nearing the ocean. That salty flavor just hits you can recall all the times you've spent on the coast. Taste could be a feeling someone left you with, such as a bad taste in your mouth. Taste is probably the oddest of all the senses because you can't categorize it fully. It can have a whole bunch of different literal and figurative meanings.
I mean yes I love my food more than the next man but there are certain things I like or dislike, food and otherwise, that could be called 'tastes'. The word is like the salt and pepper, no pun intended, of the senses being that it can be used on a number of different things with good results. I appear to have lost my self at the moment. Anyway, taste is something that is subjective in a lot of different ways. Its the sense equivalent of "you either like something or you don't".

No comments:

Post a Comment