Thursday, December 1, 2011

Epic Buying Failure

So I was trying to meet an older woman to buy a pearl set off of her, via Craig's List. I have done plenty of deals like this successfully. Last night I called her after emailing a few times to set up a time and a place. She said to me, "Oh, I just emailed you". This was at 7:24pm and I called her at 7:25pm while with my Dad. She said she could meet the next day, today, at 1:30pm, at the Nissan dealership in Beverly. I said "OK" after she talked my ear off for ten minutes (My Dad actually called me on the phone to give me an excuse to hang up. The reason we were going to meet there is because she had a doctors appointment at the hospital less than a mile away. She said to meet at 1:30 sharp and to wait for her if she was late. I agreed and put the details in an email to myself as a reminder.
So today I drove down to Beverly, thirty miles and 45 minutes through traffic and detours. She does not have a cell phone. I got there at 1:15 and waited, until 2pm, the time of her appointment. I was looking for the blue rental car she said she had at the time. She never showed up. Pretty pissed off, I left. I called her twenty minutes ago. She said "Didn't you get my email?" I said "No", thinking she had sent a new one his morning, which I would have gotten even on my phone because I can check it on the go. She said "No, I sent it last night about meeting today". I told her that I drove all the way down and she interrupted me with "I told you there were other interested parties" Before I could say, well we had a whole conversation with times and meeting places set in stone and to make sure I was not late she said, "What's done it done, good day". I yelled "BITCH" into the phone before she hung up, or at least I hope so.
Listen: I know she's older and gave me a time and set all the rules I had to follow, but seriously, Andira or whatever your name is, you wasted two hours of my time, my gas and most of my tough as nails patience and faith in people to do right, so you can take your excuses and GO F*** YOURSELF!

Was I wrong or was she? Please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment