Friday, November 18, 2011

Busy as a Beaver

Lately I have been driving around Massachusetts buying silver and gold off of people. Dad gave me a bankroll to do it with and it has already increased three-fold. It can be strenuous at times but its what I love to do, and trust me it beats a regular job. After all I am going to be doing this anyways when I work in the jewelry trade so I might as well get accustomed to it now. I've met some characters recently. It all goes to show you that you never know what is going to happen next or where you will be.

The first collection I bought really set me on the right track. I paid the guy a hundred, the asking price, and saw enough gold while going through part of it to get my money back. When I got home I looked at everything, which took two hours, and by the end of it all I had $1,300 in gold and an 80 point diamonds worth $800-1000. Needless to say they don't all go like this but I was happy that one did.

Only a few more months until I go down to Nashville for jewelry school so I'm making the most of it, in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment