Monday, July 4, 2011

Foodie Contest

I'll keep this post short.

Whenever I eat some sort of snack food whether it be chips or anything in bulk I try to make it interesting for myself, sort of. Usually it happens with chips or cheezits, something that us supposed to have a uniform shape. I take one out and then each on thereafter is compared to it. Each one the has either an imperfection or is merely a piece is eaten first. I set aside around 5-10, depending on the snack food of choice, for a final round of judging. I scrutinize each one closely. For cheezits its the amount of brown color they have, any small holes present or imperfect corners. A flaw in any one of those categories results in them being eaten. In the end, though, there can be only one winner. After the winner is decided I examine it for a few seconds, in all its glory, and then it too is eaten just as those before it. Before you ask let it be known that I don't judge people like this, as its pretty hard to stare at them for the amount of required time without them noticing.
Is this whole thing pointless? Probably, but it keeps even the most mundane times interesting for me. That and it may slow me down as I tend to inhale food when I eat.
I often wonder to myself what my own personal cheezit hall of fame would look like. I guess I'd have to start taking pictures or something, but who has time for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment