Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sun Glasses to the Supermarket

Pretty much every time I go to the supermarket I wear sunglasses. The eye contact I make with people is lessened when I have them on. They act as a shield for me both to, and from, everyone else. I don't like them to see my eyes because often times in public I have sort of a zombie eyed appearance that I don't want them to see. I feel like they may be freaked out if they were to look at me. As I have said earlier posts it is not an inviting gaze I put on when in public. This all depends on my mood, of course. When I am shopping for food it tends to be longer than usual and my discomfort can grow as time wears on. A better safe than sorry approach is my standard M.O. My facial expression is usually minimal so having my eyes hidden allows me to blend in. Shopping at a time when it is still light outside gives me a built in excuse.

I am only talking about this because I left my sunglasses in the car while shopping today and wish I had walked back to retrieve them before I was swallowed up by the place, and its vast array of light and other sensory overload.

No comments:

Post a Comment