Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Fighting Word

Having been bullied by inconsiderate people all my life I have developed a tough skin. I already wrote about it in one of the chapters of my book (which is still a work in progress). I have been called every name in the book. I can pretty much handle anything you call me; except for one specific word. People say this word all the time but don't really know what it means. I'm talking about the 'R' word. I can deal with people saying it around me, because it is going to happen and, while I'm not fine with it, I can let it slide.

If you were though, hypothetically, to direct it towards me then, well, you've just opened up a can of worms my friend. Based on the context you used it in I can usually tell whether you mean it or not. At this time I will give you a look. If you say anything that reinforces what you said before please be prepared for verbal abuse. If I know you I will use everything I know against you in an effort to try to prove your previous comment correct. By saying this word to me you think I don't know right from wrong or have feelings or a conscience or any mental capacity at all. At this point I do not. I will turn the language control area of my brain off and use what I feel is just. Keep in mind that I can be heartless and my regular lack of emotion will still be what is outwardly present. If you happen to be a woman then, at this point, I have no problem with calling you the "you know what word". I would look you straight in the eye as I said it, too. You have disrespected me on the most sinister way possible and I feel that you deserve only the same. I will then ask you how you feel but not really care as to how you answer. I hope you are just as pissed off as I am.

That situation was all hypothetical, of course. This has never happened to me. If it ever did, you now know what would transpire.

No comments:

Post a Comment