Monday, May 28, 2012

Weeks 10 and 11 in Nashville

After the hand engraving course there wasn't a whole lot of new things that we did. Everything was pretty much review except for a couple new projects that we worked on. My progress as a jeweler was getting better, as was everyone else. Blaine was getting us ready for what would happen in week 12, platinum week, something that we were all waiting for; myself especially. I didn't know how long the project was going to take but I still needed to fit in the time to hand fabricate the groom's band for the wedding I would be attending in July.
Blaine asked me how much was needed and I told him that I would likely need $1,000 and maybe more depending on how much the band would weigh. The weight magically worked out to favorite number, 14 pennyweights worth of metal that would be arriving in scrap jewelry. If I ordered from a supply company it would have been already in wire form,  but I wanted to make it all by hand. I was assured by Blaine that this would be possible and Tyler, whom the ring was being made for was thrilled. I didn't exactly know how the ring was going to be made but I was ready to do everything needed to make it happen. The picture I put with this post is the actual metal that I was going to use, but more on that in the next installment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment