Friday, March 2, 2012

Heading down to Nashville

The day has finally arrived. My dad and I are going to hop into one of two cars (a long story I will relate later) and drive down to Nashville, TN so I can attend the New Approach School for Jewelers. By title it can sort of sound like a special needs school, no offense to anyone out there, but but I assure you it is just the opposite. It is actually one of the more elite schools in the country as far as teaching methods and prestige go. My instructor, Blaine Lewis is simply amazing. He set up the Tiffany & Co. (ever heard of them?!) factory in China and any ring that is valued over $100,000 the company sends to him for service. That speaks volumes. When I was down there for a week class this summer it blew me away.
I am a little nervous about being down there for three months by myself but then again this is something I must do. I love jewelry, that is a fact I cannot escape. I'm not really into designs and all that but silver, gold and platinum have always been something I have enjoyed in any form. I can sit and be amused by a piece of jewelry for some reason. Something about the metal shine, weight ratio (especially platinum) and overall beauty intrigues me. This is the right choice for me. This is my future. I will probably do a post on how school is going at the end of each week, along with regular posts.
Watch the video and feel free to check out the school for yourself via the link below. I will come back from school a changed man, that is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment